Capacitor discharge ignition (CDI) or thyristor ignition is a kind of auto electronic ignition structure which is for the most part used as a piece of separable motors, bicycles, yard trimmers, cutting apparatuses, little engines, turbine-controlled aircraft, and a couple cars. It was at first made to vanquish the long blaming times related for high inductance circles used as a piece of inductive discharge ignition (IDI) structures, making the ignition system more fitting for high engine rates (for little engines, hustling engines and turning barrel engines). The capacitive-discharge ignition uses capacitor discharge current respect fire the glimmer connections.
A regular CDI module involves a little transformer, a charging circuit, an actuating circuit and an essential capacitor. In the first place, the structure voltage is raised up to 400-600 volts by a transformer inside the CDI module. By then, the electric current streams to the charging circuit and charges the capacitor. The rectifier inside the charging circuit neutralizes capacitor discharge before the piece of ignition. Right when the initiating circuit gets enacting signs, the actuating circuit stops the operation of the charging circuit, allowing the capacitor to discharge its yield rapidly to the low inductance ignition circle, which manufactures the 400-600 V capacitor discharge to up to 40 kV at the discretionary turning at the radiance plug. Exactly when there’s no enacting sign, the charging circuit is re-connected with charge back the capacitor.
The measure of imperativeness the CDI structure can store for the period of a radiance is liable to the voltage and capacitance of the capacitors used, however as a general rule it’s around 50 mJ, or more. The standard centers/twist/shipper ignition, more really called the inductive discharge ignition system or Kettering ignition structure, produces 25mJ at low speed and drops off quickly as rate augmentations.
Essentially, CDI stays for Capacitive Discharge Ignition. A CDI is a first class ignition system that stores its essentialness in a capacitor. It has the potential for high begin imperativeness and furthermore having the capacity to continue running at high RPM.
- 4 Stroke CDI for 50cc to 90cc Motors: This CDI is a 5 Pin CDI used with Chinese 4 stroke 50cc, 70cc, and 90cc motors. It may similarly be great with others motors.
- 4 Stroke CDI for 100cc to 125cc Motors: This CDI is used with Chinese 4 stroke 100cc, 110cc and 125cc motors. It may moreover be impeccable with others motors.
- 4 Stroke CDI for 125cc to 200cc Motors: This CDI is used with Chinese 4 stroke 125cc, 150cc, and 200cc motors. It may in like manner fit on 250cc motors and be immaculate with others motors.
- 4 Pin CDI for 4 Stroke Motors: This Chinese CDI has 4 pin connector, used on 4 stroke motors. It may moreover be great with others motors.
- CDI for GY6 Motors: This CDI is used with Chinese 4 stroke GY6 motors. It may moreover be impeccable with others motors.
- Extreme Racing CDI for 50cc to 110cc Motors: This Extreme Racing CDI is a prevalent CDI used with Chinese 4 stroke 50cc, 70cc, 90cc and 110cc motors. It may similarly be flawless with others motors.
- Performance CDI for 200cc to 250cc Motor: This Performance CDI is a prevalent CDI used with Chinese 4 stroke 200cc and 250cc motors.
- Performance 8 500 RPM Japanese CDI: This execution CDI is an unrivaled CDI used with Chinese 4 stroke motors. This CDI will increase you stock RPM from 5500RPM to 8500 RPM. It may in like manner be great with others motors.
- Competition 10 000 RPM CDI for 50cc to 125cc Motors: This restriction CDI is a first class CDI used with Chinese 4 stroke 50cc, 70cc, 90cc, 100cc, and 110cc motors. This CDI will increase you stock RPM to 10 000 RPM. It may in like manner be great with others motors.
- NCY Performance Competition Racing DC CDI: NCY unfathomable or boundless (no rev limit) Performance Competition Racing DC CDI for Kymco bicycles and diverse models using a DC beat CDI.
Thanks to provide more information. Here some information that I don’t know. (Stock CDI, Performance CDI) this information is really helpful.